How can we help you?

Here you go!

Common questions

Find your answer here.

  • How do I apply to my F-1 Student Visa?

    Every student have to be accepted first by an american school authorized by the U.S. government, we work with these schools and students will fill out the school application form on our website and get the I-20 form approved in one week. Once the student received the I-20 form, we pay for the SEVIS fee and with the payment confirmation the student will fill out the DS-160 form with our advisor help and schedule an appointment for the visa interview. Finally, with our experience, we will guide you so you can perform the best possible interview and get your visa approved.

  • What is an I-20 form and why is so important?

    The I-20 is the Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Students Status. This document enables you to apply for your F-1 visa. The I-20 proves that you are enrolled in a program of studies in the U.S. and it`s issued by a Designated School Official (DSO). This document is very important because it will allow you to travel outside of the U.S. territory for vacations, requesting a driver`s license or even applying for a social security number for on/off-campus employment and some others. The Form I-20 is an important document that you should keep safe, as you will need it throughout the international student life cycle. For more information visit the following official website:


  • Am I allowed to work in the U.S. with a F-1 Student Visa?

    Students cannot work off-campus during the first academic year, but may accept on-campus employment subject to certain conditions and restrictions. After the first academic year, students may work outside the school or campus with some restrictions. For more details, please check link below. USCIS.GOV

  • Am I going to lose my tourist visa if I apply for a F1 visa?

    No, you are not. You are applying for a new type of visa so you will have two types of visa.

  • Can I apply for a F1 student visa after I got it denied?

    Yes, you can. You can go to the visa interview as many times as you want to. We have previous students in this situations and they get their visas approved after working with our advisors.

  • Can I apply for a F1 student visa with my spouse and/or my children?

    Yes, you can. You will get a F1 student visa and your family members will get a F2 student visa. We have previous students in this situations and they get their visas approved.

  • Will I get a certificate?

    Yes, you are given a certificate if you successfully complete your course.

  • What will happen with my payment in case of cancellation, visa refusal or change of mind?

    With a visa denied, students have the right to try again as many times as they want to, with no additional costs from us but the $160 the embassy charge for the visa interview. We return 100% of the tuition cost in less than 14 days. School Registration (I-20), SEVIS tax, and Visa Appointment (DS-160) fees are non-refundable.

    Please review our terms & conditions. For more questions, you can contact us at [email protected]

  • Fraud?

    Hemingway Agency is registered in the State of New Jersey, anyone can verify it on the Official New Jersey website. We send invoices to every student, so they can pay it via bank transfer or debit and credit cards. Once the payment is received we send the receipt of payment as well. We work with great language schools in the United States, all of them can verify our partnerships. NYLC in New York, CLA in California, and LanguageOn in Florida. We love helping students move forward in their professional careers by improving their language skills, and we earn a small commission once the student is approved. So we only win if our students win.